Friday, March 5, 2010

A Little French Paradis in Toronto

Just like missing family home cooking when I'm in Paris, it doesn't take me long to miss French food when I'm at home in Toronto.

A good French bistro's style is usually a flawless hybrid of sleek modern lines and classic touches. All of the food on the menu sounds and looks (and tastes) delicious. The best part about it though is that in most restaurants and cafes, no one rushes you. You could sit there all day sipping espresso after espresso if the mood strikes you. While that's not really how we do things in Toronto, there are a few French restaurants that aim to bring this feeling home. 

Le Paradis is my favorite French restaurant in Toronto. The atmosphere is warm and comfortable and the open grill ensures that you don't miss any scenery. While in my limited experience I would describe the food as being in the French 'style' rather than classically French, it definitely gets the point across. There are daily substitutions to the menu but the old favorites are almost always available. The Bavette à L'Échalote, or marinated flank steak in shallot sauce, is my personal standby.

While the dress is casual/business casual, reservations, especially on the weekend, are a must. They are open for lunch from Tuesday to Friday, but be sure to check the hours of business before you stop by. I find the prices to be very fair, and yes, it's a great place to bring a date.

166 Bedford Rd.
Toronto, Ontario
416.921.0995

2 comments:

  1. I love Le Paradis... a charming gentleman once took me there on a lovely date! x Ophelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well played! Sounds like a keeper

    GG

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails