Friday, June 18, 2010

Down but not out in Paris

It's been a bit of a stressful few days here in Île-de-France. Between looking for both digs and gigs, I haven't had much time to take it all in.

My wonderful copine - and Eternal Intern - Ophelia helped me take my mind off it all by booking me a cooking class at L'atelier des Chefs. If you're in a city with one of these, I highly recommend checking it out. If you're in Toronto, try Bonnie Stern. On the West coast? The London Chef.

I was the only one in the class with restaurant experience and I still had a blast. Classes are great for folks who love to cook but may not have the technique know-how to properly execute recipes they come across. Plus they're just fun. Nothing too fancy, the class I took stressed simple, tried and true cooking methods while working with easy to find ingredients.

In an hour, we made (and of course, ate) a really quick and easy filet mignon de porc à la sauge, purée de carottes beurre noisette , and a delicious tiramisu aux griottes et zestes d'orange.

Tiramisu with cherries and orange zest

I'm really looking forward to getting back into a kitchen. It'll also be great to have access to all sorts of ingredients I can use to develop some top secret GG products in the coming months! All very hush hush stuff.

Anyway, time to get back out there with the CVs!

GG

2 comments:

  1. And did he share a single bite of that filet mignon de porc à la sauge, purée de carottes beurre noisette with me? Mais non!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails